We take great pride in our commitment to Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) principles. Our business is creating and managing great industrial assets for the SME market. As a responsible organisation, we want our properties to minimise their impact on the environment and create a positive contribution to local communities.
It is clear that the world is experiencing a confluence of four aspects of the environmental world – loss of diversity, climate change, energy security, food stress – that responsible companies, such as Sandyford, need to respond to in their own way. Our commitments include:
- Goal to become zero net carbon for our own operations
- Incorporating appropriate environmental and carbon reduction policies at all of our estates and corresponding service charges
- Providing each tenant with guidance on these policies and how to implement them
- Providing solar panels, energy efficient building installations and any other initiatives that both help reduce tenants’ energy cost and create value for the portfolio
- Supporting local charities, wildlife and the local fabric of the areas in which we operate as a business
We actively seek ways to minimize our environmental footprint, by modernising our properties, creating green spaces and reducing carbon emissions.
- Modernising our properties – we are committed to improving the energy efficiency and EPC ratings of our properties through a continuing programme of refurbishment. Measures include the installation of solar panels, installation of new thermally efficient roofing sheets, double-glazed windows and voltage optimisation equipment as well as, where appropriate the replacement of gas-powered heating.
- Greening our spaces – looking for opportunities on our estates to create new landscaped and green areas to encourage wildlife and create a more pleasant working environment.
- Reducing carbon footprint – we encourage and incentivise our tenants to switch to green energy tariffs and LED lighting upgrades.
We recognise our responsibility and desire to help communities both in the areas where we operate and on a wider basis where appropriate.
- Community engagement: Our approach to supporting charities has been expanded and encapsulated in the company’s social charter. Each member of the team can propose up to two charities to be considered by the social responsibility committee, of which one will be selected.
- Diversity and inclusion: we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive and diverse workplace. We value and respect differences, fostering an environment where all employees feel empowered, included, and appreciated for their unique perspectives and talents.
Strong governance is very important to Sandyford. Our approach to ESG aligns with our values, which are:
- Accountability – responsible for our actions and our results
- Collaboration – working with others to achieve a common goal
- Integrity – know and do what is right
- Purpose – establishing clear goals and the determination to achieve them
- Responsibility – to value and treat people with dignity and professionalism
- Curiosity – never afraid to ask questions